Sunday 12 February 2017

The Ups and Downs of Slimming

This week's result at SW leaves much to be desired. I managed to put on 1lb and, though it could have been worse, it's still disappointing. However, these hormones aren't settling as soon as I'd have liked and they are messing with my journey. Medication is just another bump on the road, or a bit like a car with an elephant in the back. I'll get there, it'll just take me a little longer than planned.

Luckily, I'm not losing weight for anything in particular except my health and appearance. I feel a bit of a fat frump these days and now is the time to change that. Before my weigh in, I decided to sign up for a 10 week countdown which gives me 2 additional weeks free. Thank goodness I did. It has given me the motivation I needed to keep going even though my journey isn't going as expected. It would be all too easy to get disheartened by a gain and a slow initial loss but buying a block means I HAVE to go as it's already paid for. Boost. So I'm hoping it helps me maintain the determination I had when I started a few weeks ago.

Today, I have been fairly good. My daily breakfast or 2 small wholemeal toasts, 3 scrambled eggs (with no milk or butter) and half a tin of spaghetti hoops, followed by a cop of coffee means I've used one of my Healthy Extras and made a start on the dairy extra. I have had 1 cereal bar (3 syns), a light Baby Bell (2 syns) and a syn-free mug shot. More coffees and an Options hot chocolate (2 syns). So far, that's all the syns I've had and I'm allowed 15-20 daily. I also shared an apple with the little hooligan.

My aims for this week are to increase my water intake, do some body magic and limit my daily syns to make sure I get a decent loss this week. I'm bloody determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment