Friday 20 January 2017

Baby Steps

This week has been a real eye-opener for me. I realised that I really don't drink much milk, or have much calcium in my diet. I eat fibre in the form of bread now and that's easy. If I don't fancy toast, I use my Alpen Light bars (others are available...!) and that keeps me going. But the dairy is a bit of an issue, considering it's critical I have it and the calcium aids weight loss, strengthen bones and that's a good thing for me since mine are weaker anyway. Or at least, my joints are. So, a few things to change over the coming week but this will aid my losses in times to come.

This week, I stepped on the scales in group and felt that pang of anxiety that used to hit me when I knew I hadn't followed plan. But since I knew I had been good, I shouldn't have worried.

Week 1: -2.5lbs

YAY. But things have to be changed in order to increast that and keep the momentum going. I plan to cut down my portion sizes of pasta and rice. I know they're Free foods, but I really could reduce the amount I eat, and maybe increase the veg content of my dishes even more. This complete list of changes I intend to make are:

- Reduce carb portions
- Increase veg portions
- DRINK MORE FLUID. So far, I've only had 1 coffee today. I better go and make a pint of diluting juice and drink it while I'm writing this. Right. I have my juice. Ended up doing a load of work in the kitchen while I was there. I feel much better though.
- Start doing some sort of exercise every day. I have the ShadowBoxer system, Slim in 6 and Kettlenetics work outs so it's high time I got off my lardy arse and did some work.
- Plan meals ahead of time so that I'm not eating my supper at 10pm. It's not ideal when I want to be going to bed then and I get a bit HANGRY.

Keep an eye out on my Instagram for regular updates, photos, and general entertainment. If you follow me, comment on a photo and I'll follow you back. I like the company!

(Side Note: Typing a blog post isn't as easy as it usually is. I have a dog throwing a dead honking pheasant at me and an 8 month old spectator who is hitting the bottle like an old alcoholic. And now she's trying to crawl on the dog. Oh great...)

This week, I will see a better result. The only person who can change it is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment